Thursday, October 30, 2008

10% price-cut from owners after negotiations

The negotiation margin trading in residential real estate transactions reached about 10% in September, in most cities in the country, which indicates the continuation of a downwards trend of the real estate market, informs a release of the real estate network RE / MAX Romania. The negotiation margin represents the difference between the price initially asked by the owner (the list price of the property) and the price at which the transaction is concluded.

"Compared to June, the negotiation availability of both parties increased, thus transactions were recorded under the list prices, negotiations over 10% being seldom met today," said Mihaela Alexandroiu, Broker / Owner RE / MAX Bastion, Bucharest. She added that, also as compared to June, the list price dropped by 5-10% for the new apartments and by about 15% in the case of the old ones, while the trading price dropped by 10-20%, which means a cumulative price drop of 15-35%. "As particularly regards the capital, I estimate a decrease in prices of up to 25% in the case of new projects that have sold less than 50% of the units built," Mihaela Alexandroiu also said.

The situation is similar in other cities, too, the list prices continuing their downward trend. In Arad, both the list and the trading prices fell by 5% each, as compared to June, while in Brasov list prices have dropped by 10% for the old apartments and even by 20% for the new ones, while the negotiation margin reached 10%. The same 10% negotiation margin is also registered in Timişoara, Cluj-Napoca and Bacău. In Piteşti, the prices of old apartments have dropped by 15-25%, those of the new apartments remained at 950-1200 euros/sqm, and the trading margin is one of the highest, respectively 8 - 12%.

As regards the number of transactions, in Bucharest they have seen a slight increase in September, as against August, but the RE / MAX specialists say that this phenomenon occurs each year after the summer months. While a similar trend occurred in Braşov, where falling prices recorded this summer have slightly stimulated transactions in September, in other cities (Cluj-Napoca, Constanţa, Piteşti, Timişoara, etc.), the number of transactions has not increased after the first autumn month, against the backdrop of the global credit crisis and increased interests rates at national level".

--

Source: http://www.curierulnational.ro/In%20brief/2008-10-31/10%25+price-cut+from+owners+after+negotiations